TTE550+ for the M133 AMG 2.0l turbo engines
For the production of the TTE550+ upgrade turbocharger, TTE uses a milled 7+7 compressor wheel. Not only is it larger than the standard part, it is also equipped with extended tip technology. It therefore promotes significantly more air mass and still responds very early. The standard compressor housing is machined with a CNC milling machine so that it can accommodate the new wheel.
The 9-blade turbine wheel undergoes the tried and tested abrasion by TTE, the so-called clipping. The ends of the turbine blades are rounded off to a specific contour, which increases throughput, reduces the load on the turbine and thus reduces exhaust back pressure.
The 360° bearing used ensures a higher resilience.
The extremely precise balancing of each TTE turbocharger is a key element for the longevity, the sound and the function, which is why TTE attaches great importance to this process. Each individual component is initially balanced in several levels at up to 2800 rpm. The core group is then assembled and balanced dynamically, again on several levels at up to 250,000 rpm. At TTE, this process takes place on a VSR (Vibration Sorting Rig) balancing machine. Each turbocharger is accompanied by a balancing protocol, which you can use the serial number to clearly assign to your TTE charger, and which you can trace at any time with which values your turbocharger left the factory.
- Original BW housing, processed by TTE
- Modern, milled 7+7 compressor wheel with 55mm inlet
- 9-blade turbine with grinding
- Modified compressor housing with CNC milled inlet
- Optimized bearing and running clearances
- Reinforced 360° bearing
- Rotor in several planes, dynamically balanced, with protocol
- Performance from over 550 hp possible
- Installation in the original position
- Developed, produced and built by TTE